Welcome to our blog!


Friday, October 30, 2015

Pumpkin Carving

With every Halloween comes the joys of pumpkins.
My kids have ALWAYS loved pumkins, and this year is no exception! 

They have actually been known to sleep with their favorite little mini pumpkins.
I've always had a problem going to the store around this time of year,
because when they see the little cute pumpkins, they beg me to buy some.
 
This year, we were lucky enough to get pumpkins from my parent's farm.
Thanks mom and dad! Not only did they load us up and I saved some money,
but the kids had the BEST time picking out their favorite ones.


 Before carving the pumpkins, we had to have a little fun with them!
 We carved them on Monday for Family Home Evening and so of course had to have 
a classic FHE treat - chocolate chip cookies!
 Oscar carved the one on the right at a birthday party he was invited to. 
He used the knife and did it all by himself.
 He was very proud of his creation!
 My kids have never really enjoyed the cleaning out of the pumpkin, but 
I told them ahead of time that if we were going to carve pumpkins, 
they had to clean them out themselves.
Mason decided the gooey mess wasn't all that bad!

 
Here's a little video I took cleaning out the pumpkins -
I'm happy to say despite the "gross" job of getting out the seeds, 
all the kids cleaned out their pumpkins pretty much all by themselves

 The finished Jack'O'Laterns
Mike and I enjoyed the experience too!

 This year, everyone wanted to do something scary and I think we accomplished our goal!

One of the best things you get after carving pumpkins is delicious roasted pumpkin seeds.
Yumm... Yumm

2 comments:

JaNae said...

So im posting from my phone and its working!! Love all the carved pumpkins!! We didn't even carve any. Lucy painted one and loves it so maybe that will be our way. Love and miss you!

Janelle said...

you got me thinking--i'm going to make my kids clean out their own pumpkin next year!--can't wait!--haha